Skip to main content

Lingard in better shape than team-mates - Van Gaal


Lingard in better shape than team-mates - Van Gaal

The 22-year-old netted a fine strike to mark his first-ever goal for the Red Devils, and his boss assured that after coming back from injury he is in optimal physical condition

Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has praised Jesse Lingard for his contribution during the side's victory over West Bromwich Albion, after the midfielder opened the scoring at Old Trafford. 

Lingard scored with a fantastic curled effort to break down the visitors' resistance seven minutes into the second half. 

A Juan Mata penalty later assured a 2-0 victory which keeps United in the hunt for the title. 

"Already last year I had put him in the line-up for the first game against Swansea because he had impressed me,"  Van Gaal told reporters after the game. 

"He got a very heavy injury in that game and had to recover, which takes a long time.


"I told him at the beginning of the season, 'I want to keep you'. 

"He has had to wait but now he is in better shape than his companions. Now he is playing, he is playing very well." 

Despite the win, Van Gaal has admitted that he was still not happy with his side's overall performance.

"I know the feeling of the fans. We have to attack better against these defensive organisations but it's the most difficult way you can play as a team," he said. 

"It is good that we have won because the next manager will not choose so easily this strategy this time. It is good that they can do that but we can say 'Ok. but still you lose'."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...