Skip to main content

De Gea Blasts Van Gaal For Chicharito Sale

Mata Hernandez De Gea

David De Gea has revealed he is scratching his head as to why Louis van Gaal allowed Javier Hernandez to leave Manchester United in the summer, as per the Daily Star (via ESPN Deportes).

Hernandez never featured heavily in Van Gaal’s plans after the Dutchman firstly allowed him to join Real Madrid on loan last season, before sanctioning a permanent move to Bayer Leverkusen in August.

 Mexico international was an instant hit with United supporters upon his arrival in 2010, winning the club’s Player of the Year award after scoring 20 goals in his first season.

Hernandez has since hit the ground running in German football with Leverkusen, scoring 10 goals in 14 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit.
And De Gea has now questioned Van Gaal’s motives when deciding to allow such a prolific United goalscorer in Hernandez to leave the club for pastures new.
“I don’t know,” De Gea told ESPN Deportes.

“These are decisions for the coach. But in my team he would always play.
“He was an undisputed starter before and player of the year at United. He can get you 20, 30 goals a season.
“I would like a lot to play with him again; hopefully it can happen.”
Hernandez, who scored over 50 goals during his time at Old Trafford, made three appearances for the Red Devils in the current campaign before joining Leverkusen.

Hernandez goals

Three of Javier Hernandez’s four Bundesliga goals for Bayer Leverkusen so far this season have come from inside the box.

The renowned poacher has been in fantastic form in this season’s Champions League, scoring four goals in as many games for Roger Schmidt’s charges.
Hernandez’s blistering displays at the BayArena have led to widespread reports suggesting that Chelsea are interested in signing him in January to patch up their goalscoring woes, per ESPN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...