Skip to main content

Line-ups: Koscielny injured as Gabriel starts for Arsenal, Man Utd target leads Bayern

bayern vs arsenal
Mathieu Debuchy starts in place of the injured Hector Bellerin while Gabriel comes in for Laurent Koscielny who has a hip problem.
The French centre-back has to settle for a place on the bench.
Olivier Giroud starts up front for Arsenal in the absence of the injured Theo Walcott, having come off the bench to score the first goal in the 2-0 win over Bayern at the Emirates two weeks ago.
Bayern have won their last seven home Champions League games, scoring 27 goals, and start Thomas Muller and Robert Lewandowski in attack.
And former Chelsea and Real Madrid winger Arjen Robben is on the bench for the German giants.
Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Martínez, Alaba; Alonso, T. Alcântara, Coman; Müller, Costa, Lewandowski.
Substitutes: Ulreich, Benatia, Robben, Rafinha, Vidal, Badstuber, Kimmich.
Arsenal: Cech; Debuchy, Gabriel, Mertesacker, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Sánchez, Özil, Campbell; Giroud
Substitutes: Macey, Chambers, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Iwobi, Reine-Adelaide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...