Skip to main content

Di Maria dramatically better against Real Madrid - Blanc


Di Maria dramatically better against Real Madrid - Blanc

The Paris Saint-Germain coach lauded the summer signing and the rest of his players despite losing out to a Nacho strike at the Bernabeu
Laurent Blanc singled out Angel Di Maria for praise after Paris Saint-Germain pushed Real Madrid all the way in Tuesday's 1-0 Champions League defeat.

PSG were the better side prior to Nacho's 35th-minute goal and continued to threaten thereafter, but failed to force a deserved equaliser in the Group A clash.

Di Maria had the best two chances of the second half for PSG, forcing a one-on-one save from Keylor Navas just after half-time before hitting the crossbar with a free-kick late on.

Blanc lauded the Argentina midfielder – who signed from Manchester United for an estimated €63million at the start of the season – for upping his game against his former club.


"Just like the rest of the team, Angel dramatically raised his performance level compared to recent matches," the coach told reporters at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"That result shows how football can turn out sometimes. But I think in a game like that – even if we didn't get the points we came for – we have to see the positives.

"After the first leg [which was drawn 0-0 at Parc des Princes a fortnight ago], some people said that we are not able to compete with the tempo of Real, but we showed that we can endanger any team tonight.

"Compared to our last game against Madrid, our offensive movement was much better. Real Madrid didn't come close to walking all over us.

"We have to build on this; it bodes well for the future. I'm pretty satisfied on the balance of both games against Madrid."

PSG, who have a 10-point lead in Ligue 1 already, have a four point cushion in second spot in the group and look primed to join Madrid in the last 16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...