Skip to main content

Matic: It'll be strange with no Mourinho

The Chelsea manager is serving a one-match stadium ban, meaning his coaching staff will take charge of Saturday's clash with Stoke
Nemanja Matic says it will be "strange" without Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on the touchline when Chelsea face Stoke City on Saturday.

The Portuguese has been given a one-match stadium ban by the Football Association for his half-time confrontation with referee Jon Moss during last month's 2-1 loss at West Ham.
Matic: It'll be strange without Mourinho

Matic's red card shortly before the interval at Upton Park sparked the angry scenes and the Serbia international admits Mourinho's absence could pose communication problems.

"I've been here [at Chelsea] almost two years and we have not played without a coach yet, so it is going to be strange," Matic told reporters.
"Of course it is easier when the coach is on the bench and especially at half-time when he can say something.

"But we also have other great coaches and they will be prepared for everything, and we have to be ready for that."


www.footytracker.blogspot,com
Chelsea returned to winning ways against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League on Tuesday but last weekend's 3-1 loss at home to Liverpool was their sixth defeat in 11 Premier League matches this season.

Last week, Stoke knocked holders Chelsea out of the League Cup on penalties.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

EAGLES BOSS ROHR WILL WORK WITH YOUTHS

  New Nigeria boss, Gernot Rohr has reiterated his desire to give some newly discovered young players to blossom in the senior national team. The German tactician started fringe players like Chidozie Awaziem, Wifred Ndidi, Shehu Abdullahi  in the team’s 3-0 victory against Akwa United in a friendly game played on Wednesday. He explained to Goal that he decided to bench the established players against the Promise Keepers as he hopes to  groom a new breed of Super Eagles. “ The game against Akwa United was to see the young players in action. I am sure that we can do it together if we play as a team and live well together,” Rohr told Reporters . “We will concentrate on raising young energetic players to make the Eagles strong." He also insisted that he would also special attention to the local based players. "I was in Spain to see the NPFL All Stars because I wanted to see young players coming from Nigeria and I picked some of them for this match,” he continued. “We should ...