Skip to main content

Sometimes United must play for a draw - Blind


Sometimes United must play for a draw - Blind

United have drawn their last four matches in all competitions but their dynamic Dutchman believes playing for a point is not always a bad approach against certain opponents
Daley Blind has defended Manchester United's recent results, insisting there are times when the team must play for a draw.

Louis van Gaal's side have been held to 0-0 stalemates in their last three matches in all competitions and also drew the last time they scored a goal, in the away game with CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.

Ahead of the visit of the Russian Premier League leaders on Tuesday, Blind has denied that taking only one point from the game at the Arena Khimki last month should be considered a bad result for United.

"If you think it is going to be difficult to get all three points, you can be happy in an away game with one," he told MUTV. "The main thing is that you don't go away with zero points.

"Sometimes you have to make sure that, in an away game, you get the draw. Read the game and see if it's possible to win or not and, if not, you play for the draw.


"They are a really organised team, they are really compact and they have some speed up front and on the counter-attack. I think we defended quite well over there. We didn't create a lot of chances for ourselves but we were dangerous enough."

Blind is confident United remain in a strong position to progress to the knockout stages despite sitting second after three games, level on points with CSKA.

"It's a tough group. Wolfsburg are also a great team and we had some difficulties against PSV but we still have two home games to go so we have it in our own hands," he added.

"You have a points target in your mind but I'm not really thinking about that. You just have to try to win your games and get as many points as possible, to win the group. I'm a player who lives game by game and doesn't look too far forward."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depay: I'm a team player

The Manchester United winger has acknowledged his form is "not very good" at present, but rejected suggestions he is selfish Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has rejected Danny Blind's suggestion that he is not a team player and insists he is working as hard as ever to rediscover his best form. The 21-year-old inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but has struggled to adapt to the Premier League since joining Manchester United for €27.5 million during the summer. Netherlands boss Blind claimed last week that Depay "does not always function for the team" but still included the the forward in his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Wales and Germany. "When I spoke to Danny Blind [after linking up with Netherlands], it was a very good conversation," the Red Devils forward told  NOS . "I think I’m a team player and the other players in the team also think that. “I don’t think I’m in a difficult path of my career, as the media says...

I Have Been Sacked Six Times By The Media - Louis Van Gaal

  Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid growing reports he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. When asked whether the FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace would be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months. "I do not want to talk about leaving." Source: Goal

Who Is Fosuh Mensah?

One For The Future; Fosuh Mensah TIMOTHY FOSUH MENSAH PROFILE Full Name: Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah Date of   Birth: 2 nd January 1998 Place of Birth: Armsterdam , Holland Height: 1.90 m   Playing Position: Defender / Mildfielder Nationality: Holland Mensah's Debut Against Arsenal At Old Traffold In United's 3-2 win Evans Timothy Fosuh Mensah is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive/central mildfielder, centre-back or full-back for English club Manchester United. Born in Armsterdam, Mensah began his career with Ajax before moving to England in 2014. He made his professional debut at left-back on 28 February 2016 in a 3-2 Premier League Win at home to Arsenal replacing Marcos Rojo in the 55 th minute. Manchester United moved to snap up the highly-rated youngster from Ajax in the summer of 2014 beating a host of top European clubs in the process and if he is able to reach his potential, the Red Devils will have a real star on the...